Monday, January 3, 2011

Look a Chicken!!!

So this is what my meditation has been like lately. I sit, start with a bit of mantra and my minds wanders off and "Look a Chicken" or "I like bananas" or today I was drafting this blog. OK, time to get my stuff together. Go back to the basics and get grounded. I know a lot of folks talk about seeing the most beautiful colors, insight into lands far away, clarity in their life. I'd be happy without, "My truck needs gas" thoughts for a few minutes.

I've pulled out Swami Durgananda's book The Heart of Mediation and am going to do all the exercises again for a week or two until I feel, see, hear, or something shifts. This is a great book BTY. It's out of print but if you poke around enough you can find a used copy someone doesn't think was printed on paper made of gold.

Exercise 1: Become aware of your awareness. Sounds like fun. I've been down this road before. This time I'll try not to loop back and have to travel it again.

Peace!!!

1 comment:

  1. O.K. - so this is good; you know you've 'fallen off the horse' (as one meditation guide said to me once). Just get back on (back to your breath and your mantra) and try again. With your dedication and commitment, it won't take long to stop seeing chickens (and, if you do, just shoo them off the road).

    ReplyDelete