Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just Breath

Went on a great hike today with good friends and 5 frozen snow-toe dogs. We tried to climb to the top of Harney Peak but the trail we tried was closed for logging, so we hiked around the lake and then went for pizza. As we went up hill my cardio condition or lack of condition became evident. My mantra became "Just Breath" which plays right into another one of my projects for the New Year.

I'm going to spend more time studying and practicing Pranayama. So I dug out my copy of BKS Iyengar's Light on Pranayama The Yogic Art of Breathing. My plan is to take one of the Pranayama he writes about and practice it for the entire month in every practice, even if just for a couple minutes.

This month I'll start with Ujjayi. Who knew you could write 20+ pages on Ujjayi. There is some great points in here that I have to work on. I'll write more about it later as I begin to experience what it is all about.

Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment