Friday, January 21, 2011

1st Video

Thursday worked out to be a day of video 1st. Started with hooking up a camera to my computer so I could tap into the power of Skype. Camera worked great, Skype is pretty cool, worked a project with BJ so I have something else to play with, like I needed that.


The big 1st was I recorded my 1st Anusara-Inspired yoga class last night. Twenty open hearts shared my theme about Kali and we move away from full moon of Shri Lakshmi out into the darkness. We empower muscular energy to hold steady in the dark until Saraswati begins to take form and move us to the next place of beauty. Today I'm going to sit down and watch the class and do my self review. I already know a few things I need to strengthen based on one of the lessons from Christina Sell's On-line mentoring course I'm taking. I taught a 90 minute class and my camera battery didn't. I peaked up as the class settled into Savasana and the little red light was out and my battery was gone. I'll work out a power source for next week.


In my own practice I did a Yogaglo class with Noah from Nov 09 that was lots of Pranayama. Between Adam Ballenger kicked our butts all weekend and me continuing that process Monday - Wednesday I was ready for an easy class. The Asana practice was very simple and supported the Pranayama Noah offered. Since I'm trying to learn more about Pranayama it was good for me to hear and practice what Noah had to teach. On a side note, there was 2, count them 1, 2 students in his class. I want to take a class from Noah with only two students and I'm one of them.


Touched based with my friend Sheldon who is busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest with his studio in Salt Lake City he and his lovely lady, Lyndsey, just took over and did some big upgrades to the facility. Sounds like things are going good for the tow of them. I would love to make a trip out there to practice and hang out, great folks, lots of fun and laughs. Donna and I are going to try and get to India next year with Douglas Brooks, Sheldon, Lyndsey, and I'm sure a bunch of of great folks.


On a down note, Ben our 11 year old Golden Retriever is having leg troubles. He didn't want to put weight on his back leg and had trouble standing up. He's been with us for over 9 years as a rescue dog that someone just gave up because he was to much trouble. I'm hoping he just turned an ankle on the ice yesterday or something simple. It is what it is and he's had a long full life for a Golden.



Today's Plan:

Watch my video
Play outside with the dogs
Couple hours on the mat
Class plan for Saturday
Start putting some things together for our new web page
Play with Skype
Read something good
Cardio and Therapy Training Video watching together
Should be a full day and I'm not scheduled to teach as of 8:08 AM but changes happen.


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment